Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown post process error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Davey2
200 Views, 7 Replies

Unknown post process error

Forgive my ignorance but this is day 2 of using Fusion and was trying trying to post process to see how I did as far as setting things up and if the Nc code is compatible with our machines, but an error of "NC code failed to post" keeps coming up. When viewed in the the error log it lists the Config of controller, then the vendor, then the folder where it is going to post then stops and gives unknown error. Trying to use Pre-Ngc Haas post processor.

Is there a setting that I am missing to post out correctly or something that I am not configuring correctly?

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: Davey2

Please attach your model so the Forum users can give the post processing a try.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 8
Davey2
in reply to: jhackney1972

I have attached the first part that I have done in Fusion. The post processor was one that I loaded from the Fusion library, closest to what I think may work. Still believe that it is something that I have set wrong as this is a know good post processor. Just not sure where to begin to look and check. 

Thanks for any help.

Message 4 of 8
ltomuta

This is an odd one indeed, the post processing fails but the log file is basically empty. Maybe @AchimN & team could have a look?

Message 5 of 8
boopathi.sivakumar

Hi @Davey2 

It seems like the issue is with the first drill toolpath. Basically it doesn't have drilling depth it just plunges in and out. not a valid feed toolpath. But anyhow you should get the message why if it fails. I'll log a ticket.

If you remove the toolpath it will get you posted

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 6 of 8
Davey2
in reply to: ltomuta

Is this the best solution or remedy? If so, how does one submit this to them?

Message 7 of 8
Davey2

Yep that did the trick as far as the posting it out. Deleting the drill cycle out. I get why there was a problem but not why it did not post out unless there is a line in the post to prevent any potential crashes and make the programmer go back and look at the program data. IF that is the case, should be an other error code added?? Just asking so as not to have someone fall into the same pit with me.

Thanks for the help.

Message 8 of 8
Davey2

Thanks for the help on posting error and onto the next issue with the post process. In the work coordinate setup I input G54 thru G59 depending on the number of sets up required. When post process I get a G145 P48 - G154 P53. We don't NORMALLY use these and I would like to keep integration as smooth as possible. Am I missing something that will ONLY post out a G54 - G59 for the work coordinate ?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report