Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected stock setup WCS orientation/location issues?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
FrodoLoggins
58 Views, 0 Replies

Unexpected stock setup WCS orientation/location issues?

1: When clicking on an arrow tip I believe the expected behavior is to flip that axis and make no other changes. However, after doing so it changes the WCS orientation type.

Clicking this arrow tip:

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.09.55 AM.png

Should result in the axis flipping. However as shown below the WCS orientation type gets changed from Z/X selections to X/Y selections resulting in the Y axis having a random orientation:Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.10.37 AM.png

2: When selecting model/stock/etc points for the WCS, the WCS gizmo does move to where I clicked (99% of the time) but the selection is missing in the dialogue box.

So for example if I select this point:

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.17.58 AM.png

The gizmo does move. But the dialogue does not update:

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.18.14 AM.png

I guess this is fine most of the time but later I'll change the WCS orientation and the gizmo will move to a different point or I'll make an edit to the model in the Design workspace and I'll come back to find the gizmo is driven off a different point.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report