Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unequal Z depths with 4th axis

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
randeep93BJ8
49 Views, 0 Replies

Unequal Z depths with 4th axis

I am novice machinist using a Tormach 1100MX with the microarc 4 attachment. As per the attached diagram, I keep my
origin aligned at center axis with the left most tip of the X axis because the microarc is position from the right facing -X. I have programmed a 2.5mm deep cut from the top face before the A axis turns 180 degrees and repeats another 2.5mm cut (to cut the segment free as the stock piece is 5mm thick). What is actually happening is the first 2.5 mm cut is made then the A axis turns 180 degrees and the second cut is at a 5mm depth instead. I am trying to figure out why the second cut goes so deep because as I don't want to destroy or otherwise ruin perfectly good parts. How do I go about making the cuts an equal 2.5mm on each side?

Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report