Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to store patterns in templates

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gsporie
130 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to store patterns in templates

Hello,

I'm setting up basic lathe setups to store as various templates to streamline my programming.

I noticed if I select a pattern operation and right click, the option to "store as template" disappears. Is this a bug or intentional?

Quite often I am machining bolt patterns so being able to store them inside templates would be very useful. Is there another way to create templates with circular or linear patterns?

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: gsporie

This is intentional and there is no way (currently) to store Patterns or Manual NC commands.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
dames123
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi Seth,

Can you elaborate on this? I just saved a manual NC as a template and is seems to work. Maybe I misunderstood.

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: dames123

@dames123 wrote:

Hi Seth,

Can you elaborate on this? I just saved a manual NC as a template and is seems to work. Maybe I misunderstood.

Interesting, it appears we made improvements in this area. Last time I tried to do so (about 6 months ago), they were not retained. Pleased to see that I'm incorrect here 🙂

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report