Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning tools library updates? Cant build the tool i need. Invalid tool angles

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kuhnjst
227 Views, 3 Replies

Turning tools library updates? Cant build the tool i need. Invalid tool angles

So, when is the fusion team going to allow us to import 3d turning tool files into our tool library to use for turning applications? or at least the ability to upload a DXF? or a 2d projection of the tools profile from the 3d model? Something! Anything! please?! I mean we all been here, right? It works but...

I'm just saying add a drop-down menu to use a file instead of 1 of the generic profiles( i realize it is not that easy but...please? fusion is so powerful up to this point.)

The problem I'm having is trying to "draw" a Sandvik tool #C4-SDUCL-13070-07X.

So, the "beloved" Lars from you tube (really like his videos!) Did a video of something real close to this tool. Mine looks nothing like it (it has a long tail behind the insert) the insert angle looks good but it's giving me the error.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: kuhnjst

We're working hard on the ability to bring in tool holders and eventually custom tools. There's nothing to share/show at this time, but there are development teams working on this very issue.

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here or privately?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply. To share the file privately, it's the same process, but email it to me: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
kuhnjst
in reply to: seth.madore

I appreciate EVERYTHING the fusion team does!!!! Don't get me wrong! I have begged this company for 5+ years to get me fusion. They finally did. And now they understand why I wanted it. They were instantly blown away! 

Unfortunately, I cannot email company data to the outside world. Best I can do is a screen shot of the tool... well what it looks like.

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: kuhnjst

When dealing with tools such as this that are essentially "back cutting", the unfortunate answer is that you pretty much have the only option of defining it with no tool holder.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report