Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Profile Tool - PK Serpatine Belt Profile

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
James-Railway-Street
69 Views, 3 Replies

Turning Profile Tool - PK Serpatine Belt Profile

Hi there,

I have a V belt pulley profile tool that will cut two ribs at a time as per the attached photo. I want to give this a go to see the quality / time trade offs against doing it with a VCGX insert. It doesn't seem like fusion allows for turning form tools so I'm wondering the best method to program this tool to do for example a 6 belt pulley. 

I have my pulleys set up as configured drawings to quickly manipulate # ribs, OD, ID and some other parameters so I'd prefer to get a cam solution rather than manually programming the grooving.

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You're correct in that we don't yet support form tools for Turning. I think your best option would be to define the tool as a Groove tool and then use "Single Groove" toolpath for every other position (assuming you're just plunging straight in, right?)

Yep, Simulation is going to be wrong, but the code will be correct.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Seth,

I suspected as much and started going down that path but noticed that groove tools only have square or round profiles so centre point etc seemed a bit hacky but I'll give it a go.

Do you know if turning form tools are on the roadmap?

Message 4 of 4

@James-Railway-Street wrote:

Do you know if turning form tools are on the roadmap?

Yes, but there is underlying architecture that needs to be put in place first (aka; it's still a ways off) 

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums