Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning on a lower turret

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
andrew.todd1
1968 Views, 18 Replies

Turning on a lower turret

Hi guys

I'm programming for a twin spindle, twin turret machine.

I get the top turret programming. Is there anything I need to do to program the lower turret? Is there a setting Im missing?

Fusion file attached.

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
seth.madore
in reply to: andrew.todd1

If you look at the description in the Fanuc post (as an example), we can see some fine print at the bottom that gives us some clues:

2019-02-25_10h52_11.png

Long story short, your post needs to be configured for multi-turret programming.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 19
andrew.todd1

Thanks.

Are their any readily available posts that will support this?

This one?

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 19
seth.madore

Yes. If you click on the name, it will open the Post Processor contents in another webpage:

2019-02-25_11h09_06.png

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 19
andrew.todd1
in reply to: seth.madore

Cool. So Im right in saying Turret 1 on the tool page is top turret and Turret 2 is lower? Is there an option to output two programs? 1 program for top turret and 1 for lower?

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 19
seth.madore

That is moving out of my comfort zone to answer correctly. I know the post processor can be modified to post out separate programs however you want them, but that's outside the scope of these forums. I'd suggest working with a Reseller for this change.

Barring that, you would have to put them in separate Setups. Rest machining is going to not work well, so there is that.

You could also dump into folders in one setup, but that will get messy.

Fusion really is not setup for multi-channel work. It's coming, just not here yet.

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 19
andrew.todd1

Thanks man. Gonna stick with it as there is massive potential with this software.

Message 8 of 19
seth.madore

Yes, I agree! Not that I'm partial or anything.....

🙂

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 19
tommyKS2VG

Im curious about how to edit the post that can make both turret and both spindle working at the same time, i do need dome help

we have an okuma twin star lt2000ex

Message 10 of 19
philspivey

Is there anywhere we can see a development plan for multi channel support ? We use Fusion for everything in our shop today, 3 and 4th axis mill, and lathe with Y axis milling, however, we're interested in getting in a twin spindle twin turret machine and prefer to stick with Fusion IF possible

Cheers,

Phil
Message 11 of 19
daniel_lyall
in reply to: philspivey

You are better of starting a new topic.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 12 of 19

@philspivey adding multichannel support is definitely on our roadmap. Unfortunately I cannot give you a precise ETA at this point.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 13 of 19

@akash.kamoolkar 

How about now?  Just curious, in case you have some update on this topic.  It would determine if we need another software or not (the machine is not here yet, so if you say this is coming in 2 months, that works for us!  if you think it's 1 year, then we start looking at an alternative.  It would help customers make a decision 🙂

Thanks!

Message 14 of 19

Multi-channel support is unfortunately still over a year away from delivery. I have seen user have workarounds using multi-setups along with Manual NC's as wait codes to produce synchronized machining on dual turrets. 

Our current roadmap until 2022 EOY is geared towards converting Grooving Strategies over to the new Turning Algorithm (predictability, stability, support undercutting geometry), addressing long standing issues with Turning Tools, packaged Sub Spindle control processes (bar pull, cut-off transfer, slug transfer, etc), and releasing Spun profile enhancements, and general QoL bug fixes.

Dan Pacific

Product Manager - Fusion 360 Manufacturing

Message 15 of 19

@daniel.pacific 

Thank you for the answer sir, much appreciated!

Manual NC for wait states is not a bad idea.  We can't see how busy is a spindle compared to the other one and balance machining time to reduce overall cycle time this way, but it might get us going for the moment, something to think about at least!

Message 16 of 19

@Laurens-3DTechDraw has a pretty decent workflow. 

Not sure if he's still doing some consulting work these days but I would highly recommend him as a resource/service provider. 

Dan Pacific

Product Manager - Fusion 360 Manufacturing

Message 17 of 19

Would love to know if this is still being worked on. We have 9 twin turret, twin spindle lathes. 8 Hardinge TT65 with fanuc 18Ti control and 1 Nakamura. Currently use partmaker that kind of works but would love to use fusion only as partmaker is a bit dated and the support is very limited. 

Message 18 of 19
jnnunez32

what are the steps I need to take to modify the Okuma Post L3000 on fusion 360 to output G13 (upper Turret) and G14 (lower Turret)?  this is what it currently looks like: 

jnnunez32_0-1707659163212.png

Message 19 of 19
seth.madore
in reply to: jnnunez32

I would strongly advise working with a reseller who specializes in this arena, you can find a list HERE

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report