Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Finishing Toolpaths Facing Part

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
info99H4D
127 Views, 5 Replies

Turning Finishing Toolpaths Facing Part

As the title says really - If I face to finished dimension and rough turn a part when I go to do a finish pass fusion wants to face the part with the finishing tool.  This appears to be a new thing as it has only just started happening.  

I can get round it by either setting an inner radius or using the "Rest machining" option although I'm curious as to whether this was a deliberate feature change or an unintended consequence of something else.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
akash.kamoolkar
in reply to: info99H4D

@info99H4D can you attach your file here so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 6
info99H4D

Please see attached. 

I have a boring op and an OD op that do it if the "rest machining" box isn't selected.

Message 4 of 6
akash.kamoolkar

@info99H4D this is a known problem with the new spun profile algorithm that has already been fixed for an upcoming update. A temporary workaround until we release the update would be to uncheck the "spun profile" preview flag in the preferences dialog.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Message 5 of 6
info99H4D

Brilliant, thanks.  Unfortunately I need the spun profile box checked on some of the parts I'm working on but there are other workarounds.  Good to know that it's being sorted in the next update though.

Message 6 of 6
akash.kamoolkar

@info99H4D you can still use the spun profile functionality. if you uncheck the preview flag (not the spun profile option in the setup dialog, mind you) it will merely revert to the old spun algorithm which does not have this issue. But if you have a workaround that should be fine.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report