Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to post, but getting this error. Section.getInitialToolAxisABC() is not allowed for section.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
billybabrown
206 Views, 8 Replies

Trying to post, but getting this error. Section.getInitialToolAxisABC() is not allowed for section.

I am trying to chamfer a part on the 4th axis of my Doosan DNM 4500. The simulation works fine. But when I try to post process I get the error,  Section.getInitialToolAxisABC() is not allowed for section. Here Is the log I am receiving too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Screenshot (2).png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
seth.madore
in reply to: billybabrown

Is your post processor configured for 4th axis work? Are you using a machine configuration?
Can you attach your post and a sample file here so someone can take a look at it?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 9
billybabrown
in reply to: seth.madore

It says DNM Autodesk DNM 4500 (which is what the machine is) and the post is Doosan 3-5 axis.Screenshot (3).png

Message 4 of 9
billybabrown

Message 5 of 9
seth.madore

That's because your machine configuration doesn't have a Rotary axis assigned to it:

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 9
billybabrown

Thank you for helping. We are just getting into 4th axis, so this is all new to me. This was a big help.

Message 7 of 9
seth.madore

Did it solve your issue?

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 9
billybabrown

Yes and no. I thought it did, but I was looking and the Z was -.7 to -.9 at some points. All the work should be done towards the top of the part. Then I found turning the TCP off Should fix that. Turned that off and it wants to cut .7 and above. So just for sh!ts I ran the program, and it gets to a point and the tool stops, but the numbers on the machine keep moving. So, I'm not sure if it's the machine or fusion or both.

Message 9 of 9
seth.madore

You need to set your origin to center of rotation, the model that you shared had it set to top of part

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report