Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a toolpath

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
gpetti20
170 Views, 5 Replies

Trying to create a toolpath

Hey Guys, I am trying to create a toolpath in the attached file. I know it is complex and fusion is not wanting to process it. What I am trying to do is set this up as a plasma cut but I want to scribe this sketch instead of plasma cutting it. I am running fusion 360, Crossfire Pro table, Hypertherm 45XP, Easyscriber tool installed in the torch. I have tried DXF file, SVG file with no luck. Extruded the sketch with no luck, no extrusion and no luck. I tried creating the setup and profile with a milling tool setup and got a tool path with that but it will not create the NC file to send to crossfire pro. says invalid tool. Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks, Glenn

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: gpetti20

There are a couple of things that take a long time to calculate with cutting toolpaths. One is lead positions, from your description of what you're doing I don't think you need them so turn them off. Also set piercing clearance to zero.

Clipboard01.png

The next time consumer is sort order. I just selected preserve order so Fusion doesn't try finding the shortest root. Also set the tolerance to 0.002", centre compensation and the toolpath calculated in about 5 minutes. See attached file.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
gpetti20
in reply to: HughesTooling

Man, That worked perfect. I went back to my sketch and followed your instructions and it procced perfectly.

I can't thank you enough.

Glenn

Message 4 of 6
gpetti20
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hello Mr. Hughes, Do you have time to help me with this sketch attached. It is the same one you helped me with yesterday. I have added an offset to the outside sketch line so when I get done scribing the inside I can plasma cut the outer line. I think there is a way to incorporate both functions in one saved sketch but you are the expert. I know I will have to pause the file and change the scribe over to the plasma consumables to cut out the outside line. I think I got the profiles for both but cannot figure out how to make them be one sketch. Also when I do the cut path for the outside cut it will not let me run the cut from the outside it keeps showing up on the inside which will leave a cut line in my finished part. Thank You again for your help. 

Message 5 of 6
gpetti20

Attached is the file

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

I've opened up CAM-51352 to investigate the time investment in this toolpath calculation.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report