Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trumpf Laser

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
garrettF9Q8X
2686 Views, 38 Replies

Trumpf Laser

Does anyone have the tech tables for fusion? Trumpf 3030 laser older model. 

38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39
Keljam
in reply to: garrettF9Q8X

Are you using Fusion to post out for your laser? Just curious, I just bought one. Wandering how its working out for you?

Message 3 of 39
MattWynn

@garrettF9Q8X Have you tried the published Trumpf post?  I thought the tech tables were hardcoded in the header of the NC code, but that might not match what is in your control.

@Keljam we are familiar with the Trumpf controls and are very interested in working with you both to get your lasers working right.  We can work on the posts with you to get them to match with what is on your control.  LMK if you need assistance.

Matt Wynn
Senior Manager, Software Development, Fusion Fabrication
Message 4 of 39
garrettF9Q8X
in reply to: MattWynn

@MattWynn I'm told that we do have the table by the person that was taught to write using camworks so we have nesting. I am learning cam works, but as of right now like the interface with Fusion better and I am faster at designing things as well. Is that something I can e-mail with you so you can see what we are working with? I guess I need to mess with it a bit more. Sorry, new to lasers and trying to learn. 

Message 5 of 39
MattWynn

@garrettF9Q8X sure I'll PM you.  Anyone working with industrial lasers (1000 watts and up, Trumpf, Amada, Mitsubishi, Mazak, etc.), plasma, and waterjet should post on forum and mention me.  I don't know as much about consumer (under 50 watts) or commercial lasers so forum post including the laser brand in the title are best way to get help for those.

Matt Wynn
Message 6 of 39
john.orren

Matt,

We also just purchased an older Trumpf 3030 CO2 laser, but we are waiting to move buildings to install it. Have you all had any luck getting the post processor working correctly so far? I am eager to help once we have ours up and running later this year as the Trumpf software is very expensive and has a ton of features that we don't plan to use.

Thanks!

John

Message 7 of 39
MattWynn
in reply to: john.orren

New laser so exciting!

We have a Trumpf laser post published on https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts?p=trumpf and posts need to get validated before we publish them there, so it must have worked for someone, but I don't know who.  

When you run the post you need to give it the values for starting the cutting, (and etch and vaporize if you use those), and these need to match what is in the tables for the material in your control.

There are quite a few other settings hardcoded into the post that you would want to set for your specific machine and configuration.  You can get these from a sample that the technicians give you.  It is best if you get some simple code from Fusion ready to have them try while they are there to give suggestions.

Matt Wynn
Message 8 of 39
therob2d

Oh wow, great to see some activity for TRUMPF around here! I've been watching for a couple years now.

We have a 2525 3.2kW that I have tried using the F360 post for but it only ever says "split failed" when I try to bring the program into the machine.

I programmed the exact same job in ToPs and brought up the code side by side and tried adding in a couple things like the correct machine name and tech table but it never works. It can't pick up the stock size either. Feed rates and stuff may also be a problem I don't know.

I don't know much about coding post processors but I have ToPs here with all the data for a whole bunch of machines so if anyone ever needs TRUMPF values or parameters then just let me know.

Message 9 of 39
kyle.kershaw
in reply to: therob2d

Hi  @therob2d (and @garrettF9Q8X and @MattWynn  and @john.orren and @Keljam)

My name's Kyle and I'm a post guy here at Autodesk. I know some posting. You guys know something about Trumpf lasers. I'd like to work together to figure out how to make Fusion drive each of your machines.

therob2d, can you send me, by Private message or here, what you’ve collected? The Fusion part, the code sent to the machine, and the ToPs reproduction, and anything else you might think is helpful? I’ll take that and see if I can’t find anything relating to “splitting”. Do you have a programming manual that you can share as well. The one I’m looking at is 2004 vintage.

Same with you other guys. If you have information to share or anything that you think might help, please send it my way 😊

Kyle

Kyle Kershaw

Technical Consultant
Message 10 of 39
therob2d
in reply to: kyle.kershaw

Thanks Kyle, sounds good!

Hopefully I'll have time today to put together some stuff for you.

I have the programming manual but not in digital form. I could start scanning it in for you if you want? Although it may not be much different than what you have. Mine is 2010 edition. Which is around the year they switched to the new style controllers. Our laser is from 2008 with the old Siemens 840D.

I'll make a little video or something to illustrate to you what splitting the file at the machine is too.

Anyway, I have some punching to do, so need to forget about laser for the morning haha.

Talk to you soon.

-
Rob
Message 11 of 39
john.orren

Kyle, I will do everything I can to help as well. We move into our new building at the end of July and should (hopefully) have the Trumpf up and running by then end of August. I do not have a TOPS license and was hoping not to have to purchase one, but I can try and pull all the TECH tables I have directly from my machine and will test/verify any updates to the Post that you make.

Regards,

John O.

Message 12 of 39
kyle.kershaw

Thanks you guys. Looking forward to working together!

Kyle Kershaw

Technical Consultant
Message 13 of 39
vkarraHKYJZ

I am using Trumpf Trulaser Cell 3000 for additive manufacturing/ DED printing. I cannot find the machine in the Fusion 360, and I am new to this as well. Can someone help me with how I can set up this machine so that I can create my gcode files from Fusion 360?

Message 14 of 39
vkarraHKYJZ

I am using Trumpf Trulaser Cell 3000 for additive manufacturing/ DED printing. I cannot find the machine in the Fusion 360, and I am new to this as well. I need help in getting to set this up in the fusion 360. @kyle.kershaw @MattWynn 

Message 15 of 39
kyle.kershaw

Hi @vkarraHKYJZ 

There is no "Machine Configuration" file specific to the Trumpf lasers and you don't really need one at this point.

I think you're in need of the "Post Processor". This is the component that turns toolpath information into the G&M code the machine runs on.  "Posts" can be found here. (cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts). 

1. Search for "Trumpf" and download/save the file. You can save it anywhere. Just remember where you saved it.
  2. When you create an "NC Program", there is a field in the Settings tab labeled Post. This is where we specify the post processor to use.
  3. Click the three dots ... to the far right of that field and the Post Library dialog will open.
  4. Select "Local" on the far-left side. This is the "local" post library that is resident to your Fusion account.
  5. We want to "import" the new post into the local library. Click the "Import" button highlighted near the top of the dialog.
  6. Browse for the just downloaded/saved trumpf post. Select and click the Open button. This process saves the new post to the local post library.
  7. Select the just added post and click the Select button.
  8. The post is now selected and will be used when generating NC code.

Now that the post is in the Library, you'll be able to skip steps 1-6 and select the post directly when creating subsequent NC Programs. 

Note, there is no support for Additive/DED functionality in this post. It is solely intended for laser cutting operations. 

Kyle

Kyle Kershaw

Technical Consultant
Message 16 of 39
MattWynn
in reply to: vkarraHKYJZ

That sounds really interesting @vkarraHKYJZ  - I'll forward your message to our DED team.

Matt Wynn
Message 17 of 39
vkarraHKYJZ

Thanks alot @kyle.kershaw . I designed my file in Fusion 360 and could also export a stl file.. now I need to generate a gcode/lst format for the Trumpf DED machine .. I will try and follow your steps and see how it goes ! Thanks

Message 18 of 39

Hi @vkarraHKYJZ , I'd be happy to connect on this if you're looking to use your Trumpf system for DED. In my day to day role, I primarily work with DED at Autodesk.  What type of toolpaths were you planning on using for the process?

Thanks, 

Rob

Message 19 of 39

I am trying to use Fusion 360 to get a CNC code that is compatible with trumpf Trulaser cell 3000.

I have the design and the stl file made from Fusion 360. I am struck on getting the CNC code

Message 20 of 39
hleonh
in reply to: robert.bowerman

@robert.bowerman  Good Morning Sir,

I´d like to use Fusion 360 for programming a Trumpf 3000 using DED too. I followed the advice to set Post and works perfectly (thanks @kyle.kershaw). I´m interesting in set my Toolpath, in specific the secuence (zig-zag, unidirection and contour) and hatch spacing. One possibility that I thought is to change G-code manually but It will be helpful if it is exist other way. I´m not sure how to export G-code to TrumpF machine but I prefered to do first these configuration.

Thanks for your help! Have a great week for everyone.

Henry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report