Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with offset

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
maxsap2016
103 Views, 4 Replies

Trouble with offset

I'm trying to engrave on a 4-in square piece of aluminum. Every time I start the program my lines are .400 from each edge. I'm picking up my x y and z and a zeroing them to the center of the part. I have no issues when I engrave on round pieces but for some reason whenever I try to do this square piece my first line always starts.400 in from where I want it to begin. I've been racking my brain for hours over this. If someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

We'd have to see your file, and/or posted code. 0.4" in what direction?

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply. I don't know how I would send you over my file it would take dozens and dozens of screenshots to show you my NC code. It's 400 thou off in every direction all four edges. It's as if the design just shrunk itself. I have inspected this many times in my Fusion design, I have it set to only come .150 off of all four edges, however when I run the program on my 3020 it is .400 off of each edge. I know this is probably hard to picture. But that's the best way I can explain it. 

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: maxsap2016

The easiest thing to do would be to share your Fusion file, would you be able to share it here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Also, what post processor are you using?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
maxsap2016
in reply to: seth.madore

I will give that a try. Thank you. Post processor is grbl. Control system
is universal g code sender.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report