Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble lathe finishing profile

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
PROGRAMMING7K5CY
165 Views, 1 Reply

trouble lathe finishing profile

Attempting to create new lathe paths for a design but I am unable to get a certain detail to be machined. I have tried several approaches but am unsure how to fix the problem without using an alternative setup/tooling solution. Was able to accomplish the path on different programs in the past but am unable to in fusion 360.

PROGRAMMING7K5CY_0-1692389716691.png

profile is flat then has a .010" dive that I need to be followed in tool path. 

PROGRAMMING7K5CY_1-1692389833909.png

this is the extended path but still does not achieve the full profile. I noticed the new undercutting feature and hoped this would solve the issue however this did not fix the issue. 

Also I had figured that maybe because of the shape of my tool (432 insert) fusion does not want to apply backpressure to the tool and tried and angled slant inwards hoping the tool would follow that profile but had no success. 

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a .f3z file if needed but I do not know if this transfers over tools and toolpaths which I can share if need be.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Yes, your file has all the data we need. 
Set it to Inside Profiling and we get this toolpath:

2023-08-20_05h15_43.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators