Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace: I'm able to select geometry that no longer exists (and unable to select the updated geometry that does exist)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
FrodoLoggins
149 Views, 7 Replies

Trace: I'm able to select geometry that no longer exists (and unable to select the updated geometry that does exist)

The edge I'm able to select no longer exists. It used to but in the Design workspace I created an angled chamfer. So the edge is shorter. But I can't select it. Only the slightly longer edge that doesn't exist anymore:

Part looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 8.23.20 PM.png

Used to have sharp edges like this:

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 8.23.29 PM.png

Chamfer was not created by chamfer tool. Created by a sketch referencing the red plane. Then extruding to cut.

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Is there a visible sketch that it's opting to select? Hold down the click in that area and see if it displays to you options for any lines underneath is. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 8

There is another a sketch visible on the top plane but as shown in the video that sketch never gets underlined like shown below if that's what's getting selected:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 8.05.07 AM.png

- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 4 of 8

And then again here: I start out selecting model geometry but it allows me to select [sketch geometry?] which shouldn't be possible. I'm also UNABLE to unselect that [sketch geometry?]. And the only sketch never gets underlined.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 8.42.41 AM.png

Message 5 of 8
DarthBane55
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

I don't know about that one, I very often select sketch combined with model edges, I find it very useful as it allows to draw a very thinned down sketch, like just a transition edge between a gap or things like that.

Message 6 of 8
seth.madore
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

I'm trying to reproduce this in a new file, and rather quite unsuccessful. Since you don't use Design History, it's not clear when that sketch was made, or did it come in with the customer file?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 8
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: seth.madore

The sketch was created by me at some point.

Message 8 of 8
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: DarthBane55

Must be new. I believe a few years ago Seth had to tell me like 3 times that wasn't possible.

Any case here's me unable to unselect the sketch arc after accidentally selecting it. You can see the edge changes color every time I click on it to try and unselect it:

Public video: https://youtu.be/D_eRcVaLYrs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report