Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tormach 8L Post Processor: "variable text redeclares argument", always dwells for 1 second

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Zaureau15
684 Views, 4 Replies

Tormach 8L Post Processor: "variable text redeclares argument", always dwells for 1 second

The unmodified Tormach 8L post-processor gives a warning every time I use it: 

Warning: (C:/Users/trist/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts/tormach 8l pathpilot turning.cps:1048) variable text redeclares argument

Every time I try to run a drill cycle with dwelling, the dwell line in the actual code ends up as "G4 P1." (without the quotes), regardless of how long the dwell is programmed to last. I'm not sure if the error code is related to the issue, but I'd assume so. 

This is only an issue with the 8L post-processor; the same drilling cycle on a Tormach mill, Haas lathe, or Haas mill all work fine. 
I've looked at the 8L post-processor and can't find any difference between what the Tormach and Haas post-processors do for the onDwell() function, aside from Haas using milliseconds and Tormach using seconds. 

Any advice on how to fix this instead of manually changing the code after post-processing? 
Thanks in advance to all. 

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: Zaureau15

And what do you need the code to be?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Zaureau15 

It seems like there was a miss code in the post which cause the variable text redeclares argument issue.

To fix the warning issue you can modify the codes 

// allow manual insertion of comma delimited g-code
function onPassThrough(text) {
  var commands = String(text).split(",");
  for (var text in commands) {
    writeBlock(commands[text]);
  }
}

find the above section of codes in the post and need to change as shown below

// allow manual insertion of comma delimited g-code
function onPassThrough(text) {
  var commands = String(text).split(",");
  for (text in commands) {
    writeBlock(commands[text]);
  }
}

I will make a ticket to fix this.

But i could not reproduce the error in the dwell. Could you attach any sample model which I can replicate it

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 4 of 5

I'm attaching an example .f3d file as well as the code that was generated using the 8L post-processor. 

The fix for the onPassThrough function worked beautifully and no longer gives an error. 

Thanks again in advance. 

Message 5 of 5

@boopathi.sivakumar, in case it's useful information: If I insert a dwell using a manual NC dwell, it outputs to gcode correctly. It looks like this issue is exclusive to drilling cycles. 

I've attached a screenshot of what does work and how it outputs in case its useful as well. 

Thanks in advance for your response/help on resolving the drill dwell issue. 

Zaureau15_0-1689110392487.pngZaureau15_1-1689110408358.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums