Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tools disappear from tool library

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tothrt
174 Views, 7 Replies

tools disappear from tool library

Hi there!

I use cloud tool library in fusion. I have only one folder there where I create my tools. This is the 3rd time when a lot of tools disappeared from the library. It seems like it sets itself back to a previous state which was actual some month ago. So I dont lose the folder just the recently created tools.

I searched the folder \Users\username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\usernumber\W.login\M\ but there I found just the library which I also see in fusion, without the missing tools.

This starts to become very annoying.

Someone please help me in this!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
programming2C78B
in reply to: tothrt

how many different devices are you using to access your account? I would start with backing up the library locally first on at minimum one machine, we had cloud issues as well until we actually started a backup.

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 8
jeff.pek

In the Fusion side panel, under Assets / CAMTools, do you see the expected library files there?

Jeff

Message 4 of 8
tothrt
in reply to: programming2C78B

I only use one device to access my account. By backing up the library locally you mean I should save my tool library directly to my computer for example once a week or something?

Message 5 of 8
tothrt
in reply to: jeff.pek

I see a .json tool library file at the assets / CAMTools but it has a really old date, October 27, 2023. Since then I put a lot of tools to my library.

Message 6 of 8
jeff.pek

Can you see if there are any more recent files on your machine, in %localappdata%\autodesk\autodesk fusion 360\<userid>\W.Login\M\Backup?

Jeff

Message 7 of 8
tothrt
in reply to: jeff.pek

Yes there is a file there from today. I uploaded it to fusion to check, but it still misses a lot of tools.

Message 8 of 8
jeff.pek

If that file is from today, then it's likely because it just downloaded the (incorrect) file from the Cloud.

I don't know what could explain what you're seeing. It seems possible that the cloud file was just not being updated for some time.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report