Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolpaths for Bevel Waterjet Cutting

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
matthew.wirth
243 Views, 2 Replies

Toolpaths for Bevel Waterjet Cutting

Hi all, hoping somebody can clear up some confusion on the below article that appears to be written by Autodesk. There are photos on the article that shows CNC waterjet machines with 5-axis cutting heads and it also talks about Fusion's ability to create toolpaths for waterjet cutters. However, the only compatible toolpath creation tool in Fusion that I can locate is the 2D profile tool in the Fabrication tab in the Manufacturing workspace that only supports perpendicular cutting. Currently we must export a .step file into our 5-axis CNC waterjet cutter's proprietary software, but it doesn't import the file correctly as the software is based on an old version of SpaceClaim which requires rework to generate toolpaths. Is 5-axis cutting supported in Fusion or are there any plans to integrate this feature into Fusion? 

Water Jet Cutting Software | Autodesk

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AdamKunzo
in reply to: matthew.wirth

Hi Matthew,

I have resolved this request for several users. Yes, the "2D profile" toolpath is only for two-axis cutting. However, it is possible to use multi-axis milling operations and modify the post-processor to generate code for waterjet (or other types of machines).

If you need help with the post-processor, send me a message. I offer post-processor modifications as a service so I can sort out this for you.

Adam

---

If my response answers your question, please use Accept Solution button.

Message 3 of 3

Hi Adam, thanks for your advice. It would be nice to have this as a built in feature instead of having a work around. A custom post processor may be very useful to us until 3D cutting is implemented into Fusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report