Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolpath to cut side wall in an angle

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
silviaaday
143 Views, 4 Replies

Toolpath to cut side wall in an angle

Hello experts, i have been going at this for hours, i been trying to cut angled side walls or contours on a body (Similar to a cross section of a pyramid, see attached). With my limited knowledge, I've tried multiple operations without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Silvia  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: silviaaday

I assume you are looking for a machining toolpath, not a modeling method, right?
What do you have for a machine? If it's a 3-axis machine, I'd start with 3D Contour.

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
silviaaday

Correct, machining toolpath. It is a 3-axis machine. Tried 3d Contour, Parallel and other, different results, contour gives me an empty toolpath. Attaching the file. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore

You had too many models selected in your Setup. Give this file a look and see what I changed 🙂

As an aside; you may want to consider working with the timeline on and avoid all of this...

2024-02-16_06h02_03.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
silviaaday

Thank you Seth! I had not realized i selected the block (I created that to use it as reference for the Z orientation). I found you changed the bodies in the setup and added an Additional offset under Geometry (Without it one of the sides is not included), I'm able now to create the tool path with those modifications. In terms of the timeline, i only disabled it hoping the performance would improve, specially on those complicated mesh designs, it looks like it did improve however at a high cost. I really appreciate your quick response and guidance!!! Thanks, Silvia 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums