Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolpath Tiling Feature?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jburickJUFQ4
202 Views, 6 Replies

Toolpath Tiling Feature?

Hi there!  I have a design with a lot of parts that I want to CNC out of plywood, but it will take more than one sheet.  In another program I use, I can layout the "material" to be as large as I want, arrange the parts and then export "tiles" that are the size of the plywood.  For example, if I need four sheets of plywood, I can set the material dimensions to 96"x192", lay out the parts and set up tiles that will export as four separate toolpath files I can CNC.  I have a picture attached.  Does Fusion have a feature like that or do I have to setup unique manufacturing models and do each layout separately?  Thank you in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: jburickJUFQ4

What you're looking for is available in the Nesting extension. Otherwise, it's going to be a matter of creating multiple Arrange solves and determining what you can fit where

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
seth.madore

Automated Arrange is also something you can try. It is available for commercial users for now, but will eventually be an Extension item.

You need to be a member of the Insider Program to access that feature. Membership is free, but it does involve an application process. You can apply here: https://feedback.autodesk.com/key/Fusion360Insider

2024-02-18_13h09_45.png

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 7
jburickJUFQ4

Thank you!  I will explore those options - I found the multiple envelops option and enabled the manufacturing extension for 30 days (I have an education license) and I'm playing with that now.  

Message 5 of 7
seth.madore

Oh, if you're on an EDU license, you "should" have access to the Extension outside of the 30-day window..

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 7
k.c.clark

This is one thing that may eventually force me to go to another company.  I need to do CNC tiling and I'm not on an education license.  To use multi part Arrange or Nesting I have to pay much more that I can afford.

Message 7 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: k.c.clark

@k.c.clark wrote:

This is one thing that may eventually force me to go to another company.  I need to do CNC tiling and I'm not on an education license.  To use multi part Arrange or Nesting I have to pay much more that I can afford.

You can do multi-part Arrange with the commercial license, just not Multi-Sheet. And yes, Nesting is not possible without the Extension. I'm curious what you would switch to that offers those options at a lower cost than the subcription plus Extension 🤔

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report