Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolpath simulation: Face is colored half in red but should be [almost] fully blue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
FrodoLoggins
94 Views, 1 Reply

Toolpath simulation: Face is colored half in red but should be [almost] fully blue

The toolpath for my dovetail operation has 10 thou radial stock to leave. This means the toolpath simulation [while setting a stock generation tolerance of anything less than 10 thou (for example: .002", .004" .005" .007" like I've tested)] should make the highlighted face [shown below] blue (as there is more than .007" of stock left due to the 10 thou stock to leave.):

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 11.18.28 AM.png

Red indicated too much stock was removed but as you can see below there is extra stock and the stock accuracy is set to the most accurate:

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 11.18.36 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-23 at 11.18.51 AM.png

Right?

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
seth.madore
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

Yeah, that's an odd one. I'll get a ticket logged

Actually, I won't be logging a ticket. The issue is that you have the full Component selected, which includes these bittsys:

2023-08-25_15h27_16.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums