Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolpath Clash Detected & How to probe "Y" Existing Program

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lintim33
182 Views, 6 Replies

Toolpath Clash Detected & How to probe "Y" Existing Program

Hey everyone I am having some issues with the attached program on the lathe cycle. I can rough the ID with no problem and I used to not have any issues with the finish pass on the ID. I was editing the program prior to my last edit and now I am getting toolpath clash detected. This is the first time I have ever got this while using fusion and I cannot seem to find the answer on how to fix it. Like I said, I was editing all toolpaths prior to receiving this warning without any issue. I changed some sizes in the model and now I get the warning. When I tried to change the sizes back to the original sizes I still get the warning. I am not sure what happened.

Also, I was hoping that I could get some help with the Mill Op 2 operation for probing "Y". I did not do this program and I cannot figure how what surfaces where clicked to probe "Y". This part will be standing up in a fixture to mill the slot in it. Any help here would be appreciated as well.

Hopefully the program file is attached correctly. Let me know if you need anything else from me to help solve these issues.

Thanks,

Tim

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: lintim33

Hi 

I'm not sure about the clash error, but for the probing there has been a box created to select for probing, this is a workaround you need to do for probing round parts in this orientation

alaasW8M6T_0-1711562587172.png

Message 3 of 7
lintim33
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thank you for the response. I was wondering if that is how he did that. Do you know where you can find more information on how to do that? I am new to fusion but not that new. There are still some tricks I am learning. I spent some time trying to figure out if that is how he did it but still had issues trying to figure how that actually works. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 7
a.laasW8M6T

I'm not aware of any resources on probing tricks like that, there may be someone who has made some YouTube videos

You have to create that box to select for probing because Fusion wont let you pick the circular faces in that orientation for that probe cycle type. you just need to make sure the box or geometry you select for probing is correctly located relative to your part. Ie the box sides should have the same dimensions and location as the circular faces you are trying to probe.

Also to note is the order of probing in this case, you must probe the Y center before probing Z or else the Z location will be probed off center and be inaccurate.

For the toolpath clash it seems to be to do with the inner radius having an offset, try changing to this and you get a good toolpath

alaasW8M6T_0-1711564779245.png

Message 5 of 7
lintim33
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thanks again!! Ill try that

Message 6 of 7
akash.kamoolkar

@lintim33 i looked at the file and the issue appears to have been fixed for an upcoming release. a temporary workaround that works is setting the back tool limit in the geometry tab to cutting edge instead of contact point.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 7 of 7
lintim33
in reply to: akash.kamoolkar

That did it! Thank you both for your help!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report