Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolpath changes name when double clicking on it

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
FrodoLoggins
268 Views, 10 Replies

Toolpath changes name when double clicking on it

Ok I finally tracked this down. For years I swore some of my toolpaths would randomly change their name to the name of a different toolpath. I figured out why that is.

If I:

1: Double click (slowly) on a toolpath to copy the text [I don't actually need to copy the text].

2: Double click (quickly) on another toolpath to open it and change it's settings.

Then:

That second toolpath that I opened for editing changes it's name to the name of the toolpath I previously double clicked on to copy it's text.

Here's 2 examples:

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
seth.madore
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

I'll have to try this on a Mac, because I can't get it to reproduce on PC. Poke me in a few days if I've not posted back here!

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 11
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi, were you able to reproduce this?

- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
Message 4 of 11
cshutsy

I can also confirm its been doing this for months for me.

On PC, new file, not touching the keyboard except to type.

Edit: Actually at step two in the original post I don't need to double click for it to happen (and did not in the video). Just the slow double on the first op, then a single click on the second copies the name. 

Hmm I happen to have another PC here that I just did a clean install of win10 on. So I installed fusion and was unable to reproduce this issue on there. 

Message 5 of 11
ltomuta

I've seen this as well, happening apparently at random as I was clicking around doing the work. Somehow this ends up registered as a Rename comand although it is not clear what the input is.

Also related, Fusion's undo stack captures a lot of rename events even when the description string does not change after F2 is pressed.

Message 6 of 11
cshutsy

I figured out that in my case the trackball software I was using on one PC was somehow exaggerating the issue.
After some playing around I can get it to do it every time on both PCs, one old install and one new, with a regular mouse. The timing of the clicks doesn't seem to matter:

1. Rename op1 and deselect
  2. Slow double left click on op1
  3. Right click on op2
  4. Left click on op2, which copies the name

I think the trackball I was using was somehow injecting the right click in there somewhere, which is how I was able to duplicate it with just one left click previously. 

Message 7 of 11
FrodoLoggins

Hi @seth.madore, were you able to reproduce this?

Message 8 of 11
seth.madore

Negative, either on Mac or PC...
I'll send this up the chain to see if anyone has seen something like this. I can open a ticket, but without a certain method of reproducing, it's going to be a bit of "needle in haystack" process. Note; not doubting your experience with this, the video speaks for itself

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 11
ltomuta

@seth.madore If the dev team could at least reduce the amount of fake Rename events captured by the Undo stuck maybe on a 2nd stage we could focus on how the effective renames are produced when no explicit CTRL+V is pressed. 

Message 10 of 11
FrodoLoggins

It looks like this was drastically improved but I still think every month or so it'll happen. If you want to confirm this was fixed I can accept the solution.

Message 11 of 11
seth.madore

Yes, this was fixed in the last update. 

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report