Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool setup issues: Error: BodyLength >= shoulderLength

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
HeadhunterSpearfishing
873 Views, 10 Replies

Tool setup issues: Error: BodyLength >= shoulderLength

I cant seem to figure out how to make this tool work. I keep getting this error:

Error: BodyLength >= shoulderLength

Here is a screen shot of my geometry. Please Help! I have to get this part finished. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 9.57.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-13 at 9.58.15 AM.png

The Headhunter Spearfishing Co.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

What operation are you using that with? A quick chamfer pass with those same dimensions did not yield an issue.

That was on PC, will check in Mac in a second

-EDIT-

Checked on Mac, using a 2D Contour with chamfer turned on. No issue there.

Can you export and share your file?

File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply.

If the file contains linked component, the links must be broken. If the file cannot be shared due to privacy concerns, you will have to email the file or PM me the A360 link

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 11

3D Project. I have designed a product and need to mill it using various profile tools. The project toolpath worked for a 30 degree tool, but not for this 60 degree tool. I can get the 60 degree to work with a 2D trace toolpath. But i that adds a new level of complexity to creating these toolpaths. I am hoping to fin a simple way to do this. Thanks!Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.12.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.12.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.13.15 AM.png

Message 4 of 11

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.19.49 AM.png

Message 5 of 11

Could you PM me the link?

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 11

image1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Message 7 of 11

Pretty neat! 

The PW you PM'd me is incorrect....

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 11

so I had a toolpath working. I used the trace tool path. then I tried to give is a .25" stepdown and it wouldn't work, same error as before. and now I went back to one stepdown and I cant get it to work even though the exact same thing worked earlier. 

Message 9 of 11

I see the issue now. Let me do some digging.

Seth Madore
Message 10 of 11

If you define a Taper Mill, you will be able to process this part.

2019-02-13_13h28_55.png

2019-02-13_13h30_14.png

Seth Madore
Message 11 of 11

I just had the same issue. I adjusted the tool diameter from 60 to 20mm and now it seems to work. Fusion may think the tool is too wide and may collide with anything on the outside of the stock. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report