Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Orientation - changing the starting point which gcode is generated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jambrozy
221 Views, 2 Replies

Tool Orientation - changing the starting point which gcode is generated

Hello Fusion Team,

I created a machining point from the central hole, I would like to move the X, Y, Z point to the bottom hole (G3/8") - in gcode it is the G52 function - and make a machining path from this point (tool orientation 2 photo), unfortunately the generated code is the coordinates of center hole (photo tool orientation 1). Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Thanks in advance, greetings from Poland! David.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: jambrozy

Let me make sure I'm understanding your question correctly:

You've established your Setup WCS XYZ zero on the large bore.

You know want to have another XYZ zero at the smaller hole, is that correct? To what purpose?

Could you share your file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply.

Also, what are you using for a post processor and what is your controller?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
jambrozy
in reply to: seth.madore

Hello Seth, thanks for your time and response.
You correct, i need other XYZ at smaller hole, what purpose? Model what you see is cast GJS-400, in cast we have this hole and in its middle I need to drill and threading G3/8, we don't have
drawing conditions to X,Y,Z position, in my opinion each cast will have a different allowance with fixed coordinates. That's why I need a G52 function to transfer my zero from large bore to another, small.

So, I working on horizontal machine Mazak HCN 6800 / HCN 8800, controller Mazatrol Matrix with Iso gcode programming, post processor - Mazak Mill with rotary table (table axis Y).

Thanks , take care.
Dawid.

Edit #1

I can't upload my 3d model ;/ 

Edit#2 I upload photo from Cam tool orientation settings:

X,Y,Z from small hole2.jpg

X,Y,Z from small hole.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report