Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool library

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dcrouch9
823 Views, 3 Replies

Tool library

Is it possible to create a custom tool library on a Mac? If so how? I'm stumped.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dcrouch9

I agree.  Tool library for mac seems like a proof of concept rather than something actually functional.  What's there looks good, but is frustrating to use:

* No ability to add tools.  This is a showstopper.

* No ability to add materials.  In particular: wood, aluminum or plastic.  Renders feeds/and speeds calculations meaningless.

* Also, feeds and speeds calcs seemed to be locked to the material: attempt to adjust one parameter adjusts other ones.  Would be great to be able to disable this.

* Dialog doesn't remember anything on close, so you're always re-entering values even if you want to choose the exact same tool you used in the last milling operation.

* Many of the tools in the library seem to generate the message "Error: ShoulderLength >= fluteLength".

CAM 360 is awesome.  Some much potential here.  But this dialog really makes the whole thing difficult to use on Mac.  Something with half as much search/fancy functionality but that actually allowed direct entry of arbitrary values would be preferred at this point.

Thanks so much,

-c

Message 3 of 4
peter.pretsch
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for your feedback.

We know that the initially release of the tool library have very limited functionality, but decided to push it in with all of its shortcomings to be able to show Fusion 360 with CAM functionality on the MAC.

We are working hard to improve on all the areas mentioned.

Stay tuned.

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter V. Pretsch
SW Development Manager
Message 4 of 4
cekuhnen
in reply to: peter.pretsch

I think it is better not to provide a tool or app when it is so limited than getting everybody excited and then frustrated. This seems to happen a lot of Autodesk products for me. I think you do yourself a favor only to release something when it is really mature and usable.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report