Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Library Preview Wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
andrewNCQLY
324 Views, 5 Replies

Tool Library Preview Wrong?

Not sure if it was the latest update or not - but it now appears that my tapered ball endmills are showing very incorrect proportions in the tool preview graphic on the right side of the "Cutter" tab.

The scale is off by a factor of 2.  It is throwing off all of the simulation previews?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
engineguy
in reply to: andrewNCQLY

@andrewNCQLY 

Yes, there does appear to be a "bug" doing Taper Ball Nose tools, as I am not an Autodesk employee all I can offer is a "workaround" that at least shows the correct shape of the tool, see image below.

Ball Nose Taper Tool.jpg

Done a bit of a video with the "workaround" mentioned and it does seem to do the job, huge PITN, hopefully when the Autodesk folks are back at their desks we will get this sorted properly in quick time 🙂

There are probably better/easier ways around this and hopefully someone else will post some 🙂 🙂 🙂

Message 3 of 6
seth.madore

This is certainly bizarre. It doesn't look like one needs to change tool type; simply changing flute count and/or Bull/Ball (tapered type) seems to trigger the resulting tool..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 6
seth.madore

I've opened up CAM-44401 to investigate this issue

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
sugarl
in reply to: seth.madore

I'm getting the same issue. Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

sugarl_0-1682182001450.png

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: sugarl

We're working on it, hope to have it out "soon". In the meanwhile, give this a view and see if you can workaround the issue:

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report