Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool library missing?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
EdDRM
1646 Views, 4 Replies

Tool library missing?

Hello,

I would like some help with finding all my tools in the tool library.I have spent the past 8 or so months createing a list of tools I use regularly. The new select tool window from the CAM work space shows sample tools only . The tool library I created does not show up. There is nothing in the CAM tool library under the manage tab either. I really really really hope these tools did not get wiped out .

Thank you,

Ed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Tianq
in reply to: EdDRM

Hi Ed,

Your tools should be in the folder like this, C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Libraries\ and you may copy them to another folder C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\CAM360\libraries\Local\, and then it will be shown in the dialog.

And there will be an update soon to solve this issue as well.

Regards,

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian
Message 3 of 5
EdDRM
in reply to: Tianq

Hey Dave,

Thank you!!! 

I was going out of my mind thinking that I lost my tool library. As you probably know feeds and speeds are a huge part of  createing part.

Should I be saving my library in some other way?

Thanks again, you rock!

Ed

Message 4 of 5
Tianq

Hi Ed,

It now allows you to create a cutom library in the cloud (The libraries under the "Cloud" item.), in which way your libraries keep in your A360 drive (A360 DRIVE/CAMTools) and will be synced to the local and easy to be reused in different computers.

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian
Message 5 of 5
Ron_Young

The cloud save is a good idea.

Id also suggest exporting your library to a local folder in your documents folder for instance as well as another backup. This is easily done from within the tool library manager. These can then allways be reimported at a later date if you need for instance to reinstall or install on another machine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report