Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool library comments

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Chris_Townsley
188 Views, 7 Replies

Tool library comments

I'd like to add a second comment field in the tool data, is this possible? I'm not sure what everyone else is using this field/column for, but I have been putting insert data in there for easy reference when re-ordering. Is there a way to "unlock" a second generic field so I can add the part number for insert screws?Tool library.pngTool library 2.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Tomas_V_cz
in reply to: Chris_Townsley

These data are in the General tab - the first tab

Message 3 of 8

@Tomas_V_cz is correct, you need to put the comment in the "General" tab.

That said, if you're trying to capture this information in your posted code, some post edits may be required..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 8
Chris_Townsley
in reply to: Tomas_V_cz

In my general tab I've got "description, vendor, product id, and product link". All of these values are filled for tool data, I'm looking to add more. Do you know if this is an option?

Message 5 of 8

So just to clarify, everything works great right now. I'd just like to add one more field somewhere in the tool data.Screenshot 2024-02-26 081423.pngScreenshot 2024-02-26 081503.png

Message 6 of 8
Tomas_V_cz
in reply to: Chris_Townsley

I always write the same name of the tool in the Description and Comment fields - so that I can see the name of the tool in the operation tree and then in the program. And one or two more fields would be good - for example, as information for the dimension from the face of the tap to the full profile of the thread, and there would definitely be more options to use this dataTap Data.png

Message 7 of 8

Hi @Chris_Townsley 

Currently there is no way of inputting additional custom user data fields in the tool library as you have requested. This is a feature we have considered adding, but so far it hasn't ever been a high enough priority to work on. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thanks

Steve

Stephen Irvine
Principal SW Engineer
Message 8 of 8

With a little creative thinking and coding you could use a single comment field but add a delimiter, and output multiple values/codes in the posted NC that way. Essentially you'd choose a delimiter that will never be used in the tool/insert/screw/etc codes and split the comment based on that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report