Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tool inspection/change

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
emre_sahin9PU3F
94 Views, 2 Replies

tool inspection/change

Hi,

I want a rough operation program in Fusion 360. The mold part is too large. The cutting tool will wear out. I want to check the tips of the cutting tool. For example, after going down the Z axis by 10mm, the cutting tool goes up, puts M01, or works for 20 minutes, then G91 G28 goes to Z0 position, then I change the tips of the cutting tool, and the program continues where it left off. Mastercam has this feature. Nx has this feature. How can I do it in Fusion 360?

I put a link on how to do it in Nx, you can check it out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFEZbPSP_5o

tool.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Currently, the only option that's readily handy is to have multiple toolpaths with the same tool, covering the same area, but at different Z depths:

Z0 to Z-10.

Z-10. to Z-20.

Z-20. to Z-30.

etc

etc

We recognize this isn't ideal and have heard as much from our users. I'm not intimately aware of any current project that's meant to address this bottleneck, but I do know the developers are always keen on improving the product.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3

Thank you for your reply. I have worked in different software companies before. Fusion 360 is a great program. It also has its shortcomings. I would like to help with ideas on what can be done to improve the program and what features can be improved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report