Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tool gouging, but not recognised as a collision.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
scastrophotography
164 Views, 3 Replies

tool gouging, but not recognised as a collision.

Hello,

I have a message in my setup that lets me know the tool gouges on a lead out, and you can clearly see the tool has cut into the model. But when I simulate it, there is no indication of a tool collision. Why is this?

Thanks

Joshua

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here or privately?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply. To share the file privately, it's the same process, but email it to me: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

When the cutting part of the tool touches the stock, that is a "cut", not a "collision" (though if it happens at rapid speed, simulation reports that as a rapid collision with stock).  Cutting too much stock is a "gouge" (not a "collision").

Simulation doesn't at present check for gouges.  We are going to add that functionality.  Before then, there are a couple of ways you can check for gouges.

• Turn off the display of the model and change "Colorization" to "Comparison".  Then gouges will be colored red.
  • Right click on the canvas and select "Stock" | "Load Model as Stock".  Run the simulation and see if any "stock" is cut.  You can use a colorization mode of "Operation" to see cuts.  Or look at the "Start volume" and "Volume" on the "Info" tab to see if they are different, meaning that some stock has been cut.

Brek Miller

Software Engineer
Message 4 of 4

Thanks Brek and Seth for your replies, Brek, I can work with that for now.

Regards

Joshua

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report