Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool cutting on the line, instead of an outside Contour

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RCTC
109 Views, 2 Replies

Tool cutting on the line, instead of an outside Contour

I followed these instructions to get an outside contour for a round piece, but for some reason it is not cutting outside and instead it's cutting somewhere on the contour line. I made sure the arrow was pointing clockwise. I was trying to get a perfect 1003 mm round, and I ended up with a 996 mm. What am I doing wrong? Do I manually have to offset for the tool size? I chose the tool from the Amana Library that I imported into Fusion 360. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: RCTC

You've set the compensation type to Off! You probably want either In Computer (Fusion adds the offset) or In Control (the control adds the offset).

Clipboard01.png

Also looks like you're creating lots of NC Programs when you post. You should either reuse when you post or turn them off on the post dialog.

So either right click the NC Program and post

Clipboard01.png

or uncheck the option to save them.

Clipboard03.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
RCTC
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thank you so much. So I was watching another tutorial that was turning that compensation to off because it prevents the bit from going into the wood off the path and taking out a chunk of the side which was happening to some cheese boards I was cutting. It was luckily going into the outer wood piece that wasn't part of the cheese board but I didn't want to risk it with this project since it was a table, so I followed that tutorial. I don't remember the link but that video took off compensation, and lead-in/out and then turned on ramping.

I followed your advice and left the compensation on for another project where I was trying to hollow a picture frame and add lip, and looks like my measurements were more accurate.

Sorry for confusion on NC files. Those were part of the other tiers of the table I was making and not all related to this particular layer I was making.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report