Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool configuration DCLN-R holder / HAAS ST-10Y Lathe

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
214 Views, 6 Replies

Tool configuration DCLN-R holder / HAAS ST-10Y Lathe

Im trying to set up a tool for a HAAS ST-10Y lathe, but I have some doubts about it, since Im new to machining Im not sure if the configured tool its kind of an interpretation of the tool in real life and thats why it isnt very accurate, I saw pictures of the DCLN-R holder on the internet and it doesnt look like the one I configured here in Fusion 360, Im afraid that the protuding part can get in the way during a facing operation.

Select Tool.png

Another thing is, the tool head of this machine is at the rear end (as shown in the picture) and as far as I know the late chuck rotates counterclockwise (as I set the tool), (I havent worked with lathes before dont know if I could change the rotation),  but when viewing the preview the position of the tool does not match.

2023-10-25 11_22_10-Demo ST-10Y.pngAutodesk Fusion 360.png

I hope you can solve these doubts, I am a novice in this field

Thanks

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: 17171140

No, that certainly doesn't look correct, would you be able to share your Fusion file here?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 7
in reply to: seth.madore

Here you go

Message 4 of 7
seth.madore

Ah, that's a bug that we have logged. The image shows that it's based on centerline of the tool, but the actual measurement refers to overall width:

Turning Tool.png

You also had the alignment set wrong. You want it to look like this:

Snag_49822158.png

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 7

Thank you!

I just have a doubt, why is the spindle rotation set clockwise (I had set it counterclockwise because I had seen demonstration videos where I saw it rotate counterclockwise), does it depend on which way the machine will rotate or is it activated to set the machine that way?. Im confused

Message 6 of 7
seth.madore

If it's a right-handed holder being used on the main spindle, you're going to want to have it set to CW direction

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 7

Ooh I see, Thanks a lot, your answers have been very helpful!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums