Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool break control?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Sandflo
2365 Views, 5 Replies

Tool break control?

Hi everybody

We have a renishaw tool probe on one of our machines, and we want to use it as a tool break control also, not just toolsetting.

But i Dont the ppost is setup to handle it, 

I hve clicked the checkmark " break control" under the postprocessor tab, but nothing happens in the program when i post it, it looks the same as without it checked, even if a use the manual cnc option. So something ndeeds to be added to the post. but what?

I attached the post for you to see.

Thank you in advance

Message 2 of 6
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Sandflo

What format do you need? As I understand it, there are a couple different options. For my machine, I have:
G8P0
G65P9858H.01Txx (where "H" is my tolerance and "x"  is the active tool number)

I also could put in a "D" value if I am using larger tools.

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 6
Sandflo
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Hi Seth

Thanks for your reply.

Tht lokks about right, but not sure about the G8P0, but the rest of the code looks right.

Where do I put it in the Post?

Thank you very much for your help

There were several areas that needed modification, so rather than try to convey that info in a post, I figured I'd just make the changes for you. If you want to do a "File Compare" with your original file and the one I've attached, you will see what was changed 🙂

Let me know if that fits your needs. "All" I really did was copy over the code needed from a Haas post (tangent; I wish the post dev team put this much love into the non-Haas posts). I did not copy everything related to Break Control, as there is language in the Haas post involving rotaries, retracts, work planes and other functions. This is just a plain-jane tool breakage detection. It posts the code as I think it should work, but your machine may behave different.

TEST CAREFULLY. It may be required that all the Haas formatting be carried over. Not responsible for damage to machines 🙂

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
Sandflo

What. Don't you come and fix the machine if it crashes? Hehe just kidding. 🙂
Thank you so much Seth for your help. I will check this tomorrow when I'm back at the shop. I'm sure it's fine.
I agree regarding the non Haas posts. Show us some Fanuc love 😉
I'm looking for some info on post editing? Do you know if there are videos or documents on post editing?
Once again thank you for your time and help

I'd suggest starting with the videos in this thread: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/getting-started-modify-posts/td-p/6371381

After that, there was an awesome class put on at AU about post editing, but admittedly, it is a higher level course  http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/classes/year-2017/fusion-360/mfg125...

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report