Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Only Inner Corner" option is buggy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Sadovshikov_Vitalii
174 Views, 3 Replies

The "Only Inner Corner" option is buggy

If for the "Sideways Compensation" option select "Right" then the "Feed Optimization" occurs on the outer corner instead of inner corner (when "Only Inner Corners" options is active). And conversely as expected the "Feed Optimization" takes place on the inner corner if "Left" is chosen. Why is this happening?

Untitled drawing (4).jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Because it's a ported unfinished / unrealized "feature" from HSMworks that was added to Fusion 360 without any intention of improving or fixing the bug

here is a 10+ year old thread mentioning the exact same issue

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-support-forum/feed-optimization-control-cutter-compensation-backw...

Message 3 of 4

Ha ha, how cool is that 🙂 I have tried both Powermill and Fusion 360, every time I touch them I wonder how clumsy and buggy they are in my opinion of course

Message 4 of 4

Yep. Day one. I've raised this once again with the development team, I'd like to see this issue as a "thing of the past".

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report