Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapping cylce produces wrong feedrate?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CuttingEdgeManufacturing
210 Views, 4 Replies

Tapping cylce produces wrong feedrate?

Hello, today I have a program that taps a 10-32 in the end of a bolt. Thread pitch for the tool in the tool library is .03125 (1/32 gives me pitch) my RPM is 1400, so taking rpm/ pitch of thread = 43.75. code posted out gives me Feedrate of 1.7224 which resulted in a bored out hole basically. Can't believe the form tap took it on but it did.

anyways I changed the code by hand and it works just fine, but not sure why its outputting the wrong feedrate. I went and double checked that similar form taps in f360 i have used already have a similar pitch(I was worried I was supposed to type in 32 instead of 1/32) but seems a 1/4-20 form tap i have in the library has a thread pitch of .05" so I'm fairly confident I have everything right and this is just a bug.

file attached to see if the problem is replicated on other systems. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I think this is a "units" issue, where the value is being regarded as Metric. 

1 / 32 = .03125

.03125mm / 25.4 = .0012in

.0012in x 1,400 = 1.72ipm

Do you have either of these Preview Flags enabled?

2023-04-26_10h53_45.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

yes the user expressions is on. i dont even have the other one in my list, i see its a insider preview feature and i have the insider version.

Message 4 of 5

If memory serves me correctly, try turning the Expressions one off, as I think that's the source of the issue.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
BrandonTBFBF
in reply to: seth.madore

I can confirm that this is the issue. I had the exact same thing happen to me. Turn that preview feature off and it should fix the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums