Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Takisawa TS-15 Fanuc 6T Machine and Post

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
shawnhuk1
166 Views, 2 Replies

Takisawa TS-15 Fanuc 6T Machine and Post

Good evening folks. 

I recently drug home a Takisawa TS-15 CNC lathe, and just this morning I managed to get it successfully communicating with the PC with DNC4U. Now I need to set up Fusion. 

What are folks using as a machine in the library and the post processor for Fanuc 6t? 

I did try to do a bit of searching, but my success rate for searching for answers (anywhere) is rarely ever fruitful. 

I appreciate any responses and apologize if this topic has been answered many times already. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DanielMolloy
in reply to: shawnhuk1

Hi @shawnhuk1,

There are a couple of generic posts which may well work for this machine, i will include links below to these. One is the fanuc turning post and the other is a takisawa mill/turn post.

https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/download.php?name=fanuc%20turning&type=post

https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/download.php?name=takisawa%20mill-turn%20fanuc&type=post

In terms of a machine file, you wont need one, they can be added to include functionality such as machine sim, axis limits etc but should post fine without.

Message 3 of 3
shawnhuk1
in reply to: DanielMolloy

I did find a Fanuc post, I will try this one too because the one I first used makes the lathe not accept canned cycles - particularly G71. But in the half-a-day I spent trying to figure that out I realised the G71-g73 canned cycle problem is significantly deeper than I first thought. I have found some solutions but I do not understand them. I need to investigate further but haven't yet had the time. 

As far as this initial request, I suppose we can suggest it's resolved. 

Thank you Daniel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums