Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surfacing an undercut corner rad?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
programming2C78B
96 Views, 4 Replies

surfacing an undercut corner rad?

programming2C78B_0-1695996275015.png

Having a brain fart on this one, Friday issue. I can't get Ramp or spiral to work on it today. Can't share the file obviously.

I assumed this is where the old blend was used, but I need to add the .02 corner rads to these o-ring grooves. The keyway cutter has .015 rads on top and bottom 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

3D Contour and Steep and Shallow should both yield good solutions. Downside is that you don't get to use cutter comp..

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5

I cant get any of those to work! 

Here's a very close example of what Im doing. It's actually a .01 rad, not .02 but that shouldn't matter in this case. 

Message 4 of 5

Well, I've been beating against a 3D Contour for a bit, trying to get it to machine ONLY those radii, and came up empty. So I resorted to something that I knew would work; Trim/Delete Passes:

2023-10-03_14h54_13.png

Now, this IS an Extension item, so not everyone is going to choose to invest in that option. However, as a shop owner myself, it's my assessment that this one little portion of the Extension more than pays for/justifies the entrance fee. I've used Trim/Delete so many times in my shop, I've saved hundreds of hours of fiddling around with toolpath settings. 

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5

back at it. Funny enough, I can get it THIS close without any Edits, but the instant I lower the top height to model top -.05 (to trim off the top passes) it doesn't generate AT ALL. What am I missing there?

programming2C78B_0-1698930586947.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums