Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestion: Change threadmill cycle to use tool_threadPitch as Thread Pitch expression

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
programming2C78B
104 Views, 2 Replies

suggestion: Change threadmill cycle to use tool_threadPitch as Thread Pitch expression

Just ran into an issue with a part this morning where I copied over a -12 threadmill op, changed to a 1mm insert tool, and lapsed over and ran it with a -12 pitch! It of course simulates "fine" because the Diameters are right and the tool only cuts when it should, but it's not correct.

Luckily we have 2 setup pieces on this order.

I noticed that "tool_threadPitch" is a variable, and I suggest that this becomes the new default expression for this operation! Seems pretty easy and valuable to me! 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can set that as default behavior. Click on the three-dot menu, Edit Expression. Once you've done that, click on the 3-dot menu again and select "Save as User Default".

However, that's not going effect copy/paste toolpaths or any existing template toolpaths.

I would not support making that the default behavior for everyone, since tool thread pitch is irrelevant on single flute/form threadmills.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3

Ive done that now, but what if it checks the # of teeth count so it only applies for full form tools? It would totally matter for form tools just like it did this morning! We are running an Advent tool with inserts.
Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums