Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stumped, trying to cut a curve out of a face frame I made

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bobsprynDLZ22
141 Views, 3 Replies

Stumped, trying to cut a curve out of a face frame I made

Hey all,

Relatively new to the manufacture tab, using my new Onefinity. I'm trying to cut this profile curve into a face frame assembly I have glued together. I figured this was a 2D contour operation to cut the curves I've created on the bottom here.

Parameters are:

- I'd like to plunge outside ideally, but I haven't been able to get it to do this. This is my main issue.

- I'd like to cut on the inside of the curve (the side closer to the bottom). I have this working

- I'd like to do it in two operations, so I can switch to upcut for the second operation. I know how to do this part.

I'm guessing part of the plunge issue is related to the fact that it's not a single curve, but a set of three lines. I've not found any merge operation for sketch lines. Although I don't think this is the only issue, because I can't get it to plunge outside any of the lines.

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 1.27.48 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: bobsprynDLZ22

Like this? (and a bonus selection method thrown in for free)

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
bobsprynDLZ22
in reply to: seth.madore

Fantastic! Thank you!
Message 4 of 4

I see that I didn't understand chain selection, but I do now. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report