Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stumped on selecting a toolpath - 3D, 2D?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tabone_6
193 Views, 2 Replies

Stumped on selecting a toolpath - 3D, 2D?

Screenshot - Left Corner Selection.png

Screenshot - Top Corner Selection.png

Hello,

Am a pool cue-builder testing out some new operations to achieve pockets that come to a 0 radius intersection. Above are two pictures of what I thought may need to be executed in order to achieve this.

My plan is to use a 30 degree engraving bit and plunge it down at a 15 degree angle to match the interior block (as shown in the selection in the picture above). I know that, in order for the tool to not colide with the side walls, that it can only go down to a certain depth at this angle.

Is there a toolpath that can accomodate this? Or would that have to also be included in the model? Or am I just thinking about this incorrectly alltogether?

Also attached is the .f3z file!

Thank you so so much in advance to anyone who is willing to take a look at this or share an opinion.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
programming2C78B
in reply to: tabone_6

You can try to cheat this a bit with Trace, but would probably just use a chisel in real life to get it done the easiest way. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 3
tabone_6
in reply to: programming2C78B

Didn't even think of using Trace. I was able to configure a working TP. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report