Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Project Issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jburickJUFQ4
191 Views, 2 Replies

Student Project Issue

Hi there!  So I have a student who wants to CNC a shoe rack and in an attempt to make it look a bit nicer, he filleted the edges - of course, my CNC machine can't really fillet edges (at least in a timely manner) and so I was just going to cut along the outer edge.  However, when I select the outer edge, that profile is technically a smidge off off the surface and so I get yellow lines and therefore Fusion is telling me there is nothing to machine.  Is my only work around to drop the edges flush with the bottom of the stock and cut from there?  Or is there a feature in Fusion that I'm missing?  Thanks in advance!

jburickJUFQ4_0-1639155654114.png

jburickJUFQ4_1-1639155685007.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: jburickJUFQ4

@jburickJUFQ4 

You don`t have any Contours selected to machine, only stock contours have been selected, they are a boundary so try deselecting the stock contours and selecting the edges of the parts.

It is always best to upload a Fusion .f3d file for checking.

To upload a file go to:-

File > Export > Select f3d format > Save to a location on your computer > Then attach to your reply uing the "Attachments" facility below your reply.

Message 3 of 3
jburickJUFQ4
in reply to: jburickJUFQ4

Ok cool thank you!  That helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report