Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock From Previous Operation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
richardsalzman
159 Views, 2 Replies

Stock From Previous Operation

I am rather new to Fusion and am trying to use the stock from previous operations.  I watched two videos; one that uses a mesh image from a simulation and one that used the "From Previous Setup" option in the stock selection.  I had somewhat better luck with the latter approach.  I have attached the project I am working on.  It appears that the second machining operation (Block Rear) worked properly as it displayed the remaining stock from the previous operation.  The 3rd machining opperation (Setup5) does not show the stock properly as there should be no stock remaining.  Both the stock and model are of identical size at this point.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks... Richard

richardsalzman_0-1683695068524.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The from previous operations always shows the original stock shape as shaded. 

but you can see the In Process Stock (Green) is correctly displaying from previous operations.

from what I can see this is working as normal.

I'll admit the shaded stock showing as the same as the first setup is a little misleading 

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the clarification. Just curious.... Is the other method of creating a mesh file from the simulation an older legacy approach?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report