Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steep and Shallow Issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
davidHR9TA
245 Views, 6 Replies

Steep and Shallow Issue

When using steep and shallow, shouldn't the pathway be constrained within the selected top and bottom heights? I feel like that's how it works with the other functions. If someone could explain why it's different for this one I would appreciate it.Pathway.pngHeight Constraints.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I've moved this thread over. @davidHR9TA no need to start a new thread in the other forum 🙂

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 7
seth.madore
in reply to: davidHR9TA

Could you share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply. If you can't share the file publicly, please email it to me: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 7
leo.castellon

What happens if you change the +.1 under top height to Zero?

LeoC

Message 6 of 7
licensKKGSY

Did you solve this yet? I'm not on my pc, but it doesn't look like a heights issue, but more a matter of boundary settings. Could be the result of tool center on boundary rather than tool inside boundary. 

Message 7 of 7
mattdlr89
in reply to: licensKKGSY

@davidHR9TA 

I'm guessing you are using parallel toolpath for the shallow section of S&S? I've noticed this too and reported it back in November. Hopefully we will get a fix soon... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report