Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed set to 1200 mm/min but machine is running much much slower. Why?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HuntleyBill
132 Views, 2 Replies

Speed set to 1200 mm/min but machine is running much much slower. Why?

I am milling a contour on the attached file. I have the speed set to 1200 mm/min but the machine is moving much much slower (maybe 100 mm/min). I tried adaptive clearing and it too runs really slow. The other milling processes are working fine.

What am I missing here?

Thank you for your help.

Bill

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: HuntleyBill

If you turn on points you can see the toolpath is made up of thousands of tiny line segments and they are all very wavy.

alaasW8M6T_0-1711668359266.png

this is because of the Mesh geometry you are trying to machine.

Your controller will be struggling with all the tiny direction changes.

If you instead sketch a 395mm diameter circle and use that for the 2D contour you get perfectly smooth circles

alaasW8M6T_1-1711668604086.png

I don't see an adaptive toolpath in your file but turning on smoothing will help a lot there:

alaasW8M6T_2-1711668682958.png

Message 3 of 3
HuntleyBill
in reply to: HuntleyBill

Thank you for getting back to me. I deleted the Adaptive clearing process and instead used Parallel as Parallel was much faster. Fusion estimated 38 hour for adaptive and it took less than 2 hours using parallel. Maybe using smoothing would have helped that?.?.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try the 395 mm circle.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums