Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting through Generating Generic code for an old Haas VF4

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
brandon.thompson57
139 Views, 5 Replies

Sorting through Generating Generic code for an old Haas VF4

Used a pre gen Haas post processor, set it up as well as i know the machine. However, Im trying to find out how come the work offset is referencing an extended work offset G154 p 38 ( I can change it manually to reference a g00g90g54 with the known x and y values). Id rather have the processor do that for me rather than have to retype all that everytime. I do realize there is no tool changes for the free version and also no rapids.

Any help on how to get it to reference the correct work offset.

Note - in the setup part of MFG tab I did type G54 in the WCS spot, Would that do anything or is it a setting within the post processor that i need to change?

Thanks

Brandon

I included the Code it spit out.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello,

The work offsets are from 0 onwards. So, in the setup tab, the offsets are:

0 = G54

1 = G54

2 =G55

3 = G56

4 = G57 

etc...

I believe when it gets passed G59, it will start using the extended work offsets

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 3 of 6

For sure! I’m just wondering why the post processor the nc file I uploaded to me it looked like it forced to recognize is Pat the G59 stand out as I believe it said G154  I was expecting it to say G54 and only going to that other digit if I exceeded a work flow past G59.

Message 4 of 6

Not too sure, that does sound strange. If you can share the file & post processor that are creating this, I can take a look

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 5 of 6

@GeorgeRoberts @I will share it when I get off work and the post processor I downloaded from the haas site I believe. It’s the pre ng controller post processor. I’ll also try to get a video of it exporting my cam file. With the selected post processor options.

thanks buddy 

Message 6 of 6

Here is the Nc file that i created and you can see how it outputted the work offset.

My intentions for the setup was to be left and back for the origin for the setup. Which i ran the code on the haas today just in graphics. The drill program accted as it should however, this 5002.nc file didnt seem to work as well. Guessing because it has some arcs for the slot and such.

I will also attach the fusion file. I dont know if the post processors i have downloaded transfers over with the file or not. Ill try to attach the one or list the one i have downloaded.

Haas CPS File is attached (believe thats the one i downloaded)

haas test part file is there ( the first tool path is op 1 the drilling & and the second tool path is op 2 the slot i programmed. Believe the sketch is fully defined and such. Just has to be something with the post processor. I was trying to run it on a older haas VF4 its def a classic style controller.

Thanks

I also attached the 5002.nc slot path G code.

Im just looking to be able to dedicate like g54 or g55 and use arcs with this post processor @GeorgeRoberts 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums