Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLID BORING BAR/ BORING BAR - SET UP FROM A 3D MODEL

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
fbarreda777
303 Views, 3 Replies

SOLID BORING BAR/ BORING BAR - SET UP FROM A 3D MODEL

Hello, i would like to know if it is possible to generate a boring bar to tool library by using a .step file ? Something like the form mill tool but for boring bars.

By many times i have passed thru this issue when machining difficult/close clearence parts, to check if it will be able to machine the feature is ok, but i would like to see the exact tool shape on program simulation.

(The yellow on my picture represent my extensor)

Below available the 3d model (.step) of the tool that i'm using.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: fbarreda777

Sadly, this is not possible at this time. It's one of the more popular library requests, so I'm hopeful to see it at some point...

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4

ANY PROGRESS ON THIS?  WHY ARE WE UNABLE TO USE SOLID BORING BARS ON TURNING OPERATIONS AND ONLY LIMITED TO INSERT STYLE BORING BARS?

Message 4 of 4

We are actively working on building out this functionality, but it's still going to be a fair bit off.

Why? Technical limitations of the library as well as the general CAM workspace/toolpaths.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report