Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Stepdown in X Value at Transition Point Between Cylindrical and Dome Profile

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jonathanBUCVS
163 Views, 5 Replies

Small Stepdown in X Value at Transition Point Between Cylindrical and Dome Profile

Line 3 of code snippet below shows an X value change of 0.0009 at the transition point between the cylindrical profile and the dome profile. This is leaving a visible line in the part. 

Tried a few different tolerances, post versions, etc, same results. Drew this test version in Fusion, so the arc and the line are tangent to each other. 

G1 X1.8125 F0.003
Z0.8932
X1.8116
G3 X-0.0312 Z0. I-0.9214 K0.0287
G1 Z-0.08

Xrad.png 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Enabling spun profile seems to fix it. That said probably should not be needed on this simple example.

HughesTooling_0-1712154988810.png

HughesTooling_1-1712155040478.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Also found the tangential extension at the front seems to be causing the problem. If I set it to zero with spun profile disabled the short line move disappears. You can set a distance to cut below the inner radius on the Radii tab. Edit, it doesn't look like the tangential extension is actually doing anything in this situation.

HughesTooling_0-1712155562762.png

HughesTooling_1-1712155607184.png

See attached file.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

Thanks @HughesTooling . Spun profile didnt even occur to us bc of the simple shape. I did have to set the tolerance to 0.0001 as you did. 0.0002 does not work. I wonder whats happening there. I have a hard time seeing where a tangential extension would have an affect on the positional moves when the tool is already in the cut. This sounds like a weird glitch in the kernel

Message 5 of 6

Could be it just introduces a floating point error. One for @akash.kamoolkar  to take a look at maybe.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

I'll make a ticket for this.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report