Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation not showing collisions when tool collides with Soft Jaws?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
FrodoLoggins
169 Views, 3 Replies

Simulation not showing collisions when tool collides with Soft Jaws?

Ok so I got 2 operations. Op 1 that doesn't use soft jaws and Op 2 that does:

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 9.53.00 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-04 at 9.54.04 AM.png

When I simulate both operations at the same time, there is no collision detected when my tool mills into my softjaws (though there is a collision detected [that is a false positive] at the beginning of the simulation at the start of Op1):

If I just run a simulation of the second op, the collisions do appear:

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 11.20.50 AM.png

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mattdlr89
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

I think this has always been the case when simulating multiple operations. It just takes the fixtures from the first setup.

It's hugely annoying as if you have any fixtures in the first setup then the tools collide with them when simulating the second setup. 

I'd like to see this fixed

Message 3 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: FrodoLoggins

@mattdlr89 is correct in his assessment. Always done it, and yes, I too would like to see this improved upon. 

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 4
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: seth.madore

Something else that would be nice is in cases like below where a separate piece is created; When the simulation moves on to a proceeding setup:

1: I have the ability to hide/show it (with the default being shown so I know I'll have a potential projectile when I run multiple simulations at once, not just when running a simulation of the one setup that creates that piece).

2A: Maybe the simulation detects a collision as soon as the tool separates it from the rest of the part/stock but after that initial collision it doesn't trigger any further collisions. Or:

2B: It doesn't create a collision once the simulation moves on to the next operation as it's not getting clamped in the vise along with the part.

1.png2.png

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums