Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens 840 on a 4 axis horizontal, no cycle 800

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
trevorJ23GY
306 Views, 3 Replies

Siemens 840 on a 4 axis horizontal, no cycle 800

Hello,

I am trying to find a correct post for my DMC 4 axis horizontal with Siemens 840D control(2000). The issues that I am experiencing are:

-my machine does not accept cycle 800 command that all of the 840D posts generate

-I am receiving the 14040 "error in end point of circle" on the machine when executing a program

-I had better success using a 808 post  but was unable to get the post to output G0 B0 instead of G0 A0 because the table is B. I did identify this correctly in the machine data

I expect that there is the correct post for my machine available but it is not available on the fusion library. Thanks in advance for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
engineguy
in reply to: trevorJ23GY

@trevorJ23GY 

Are you not able to select the correct axis in the "Properties" area of the 808D PP when Posting as in the image below, a B axis usually revolves around the Y axis, Horizontal MC, Z goes in out, X goes left/right and Y goes up and down, is this your machine configuration ?

808D Rotary setting.jpg

808D Code snippet.jpg

If so then setting it to the Y axis should output B axis moves as in the code snippet above.

Hope that helps 🙂

Message 3 of 4
trevorJ23GY
in reply to: engineguy

Thank you for the reply!, Yes this is my machine configuration and I did have those settings set correctly .I am sure that this problem wouldn’t be too difficult to correct but expect that this post may not be the best place to start.
Message 4 of 4
arason_oli
in reply to: trevorJ23GY

Hi

Did you solve the posting problem?

I have a DMC 50H and I´m trying to get this Fusion thing to work on my machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report