Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Sheet PDF printout resolution

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pcaluori
511 Views, 5 Replies

Setup Sheet PDF printout resolution

Hello - I've just started to use setup sheets through NC Programs. I like to print these out and keep in a notebook for reference when I'm machining, and I THINK the only way to get a printout is to first save a PDF (or at least, that seems to be the only option I can figure out). When I create a PDF, it has all the right information, but the resolution is quite low and pixelated, so my printouts are blurry. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere? 

Many thanks for any advice. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff.godfrey
in reply to: pcaluori

Hi pcaluori,

Thanks for the report and sorry for your troubles. I just took a quick look and I'm able to recreate the blurry output you described above. While I'm not sure what the underlying cause is yet, we've opened a ticket to track the issue.

In the mean time, I have a few comments that might be helpful:

* As a workaround, instead of printing your setup sheets from within Fusion 360, you can print them from the web client (Fusion Team). The underlying print technology is different there and it doesn't seem to have the same issue.

* It's not necessary to first save a PDF file before printing. When you're viewing a setup sheet in Fusion 360 and you click the print icon, that opens a print preview. From there, at the right-edge of the toolbar is a printer icon. Clicking that opens a standard print driver, which will allow you to select the printer of your choice (including a PDF output - which I assume is the default in your case). I assume you'll see the same blurry text issue for now though, even if you go directly to a printer.

Jeff

Jeff Godfrey
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 6
jeff.godfrey

Another update. I think we've found this and have a fix in the pipeline. Until it's publicly available, I'd suggest you use the above-mentioned "print from Fusion Team" workaround. Thanks.

Jeff Godfrey
Message 4 of 6
pcaluori
in reply to: jeff.godfrey

@jeff.godfrey Thank you for this helpful reply. I'll try the team version you mention and will await an update to the desktop version in the future.

Also, on this piece:

* It's not necessary to first save a PDF file before printing. When you're viewing a setup sheet in Fusion 360 and you click the print icon, that opens a print preview. From there, at the right-edge of the toolbar is a printer icon. Clicking that opens a standard print driver, which will allow you to select the printer of your choice (including a PDF output - which I assume is the default in your case). I assume you'll see the same blurry text issue for now though, even if you go directly to a printer.

I don't actually get any choice when I click on that printer icon on the right edge of the toolbar. Maybe because I'm on a mac, but it goes straight to a Save to PDF screen, as shown in attached. Maybe because I'm working on a Mac? 

Thanks again,

Paul

Message 5 of 6
jeff.godfrey

Hi Paul,

You're exactly right, the difference is due to the Mac. My description came from the workflow on a Windows machine. After checking the same workflow on a Mac, it does work exactly as you described.

Jeff Godfrey
Message 6 of 6
laukvikp

Hi. I have the same problem on my drawings. When I try to make a pdf of the drawing, the colors shifts, and things gets blury... Is the a fix for this problem? And I think this was better before. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report